Beyond The Time News

Gunman Shot Dead After Opening Fire Near White House Security Checkpoint

Washington — A gunman was shot dead by Secret Service officers after opening fire near a White House security checkpoint on Saturday evening, US authorities confirmed.

According to Beyond Time News, the incident triggered an immediate security lockdown in the vicinity of the White House, one of the most heavily guarded locations in the United States.

Officials said a civilian bystander was injured during the exchange of fire, while no law enforcement personnel were harmed.

Suspect Opened Fire at Security Post

The shooting occurred near the checkpoint at 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, close to the White House perimeter.

Authorities said the suspect approached the security area, pulled out a firearm from his bag, and began firing at officers on duty.

According to Beyond Time News, Secret Service personnel responded instantly, returning fire and neutralizing the attacker within moments.

The suspect was later transported to hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.

Civilian Injured During Incident

Officials confirmed that a bystander was struck by gunfire during the exchange.

However, it remains unclear whether the civilian was hit by the suspect’s initial shots or during the return fire by security forces.

According to Beyond Time News, the injured person’s condition has not yet been fully disclosed, and updates are expected once medical assessments are completed.

No Secret Service officers were injured.

Suspect Had Prior Law Enforcement Contact

Law enforcement sources described the suspect as an individual with a history of emotional disturbance.

Officials also confirmed that a “stay-away order” had previously been issued against him, though further details about his past interactions with authorities have not been released.

According to Beyond Time News, investigators are now examining the suspect’s background, movements, and possible motive behind the attack.

No evidence of a wider security threat has been confirmed so far.

White House Secured During Incident

The Secret Service confirmed that President Donald Trump was inside the White House when the shooting occurred.

Security protocols were immediately activated as gunfire was reported near the perimeter.

According to Beyond Time News, the White House complex was quickly secured while emergency teams responded to the situation.

The threat was contained shortly after the suspect was neutralized.

Investigation Underway

A federal investigation has been launched to determine how the suspect reached the checkpoint and what led to the attack.

According to Beyond Time News, authorities are also reviewing whether the suspect acted alone and how he obtained the weapon.

The FBI and Secret Service are jointly leading the investigation.

Officials have urged the public to avoid speculation until verified information is released.

Gunfire Near White House After Secret Service Engages Armed Suspect

Heightened Security Concerns

The incident has renewed attention on security arrangements around key government buildings in Washington.

According to Beyond Time News, the White House remains under strict protection as part of one of the most secure security frameworks in the country.

The shooting has also sparked renewed discussion on threat detection and response readiness.

Conclusion

The shooting near the White House was swiftly contained by Secret Service agents, though it resulted in the death of the attacker and injury to a civilian bystander.

According to Beyond Time News, while the immediate threat was neutralized, the incident has raised fresh questions about security vulnerabilities near high-profile federal sites.

Investigations are ongoing, with authorities expected to release further details as the case develops.

https://www.reuters.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com