Beyond The Time News

San Diego Mosque Shooting Leaves Three Dead

A tragic shooting at a mosque complex in San Diego, California, has left three people dead and shocked communities across the United States. According to Beyond Time News, authorities are treating the incident as a possible hate crime after two teenage suspects allegedly opened fire outside the Islamic Center of San Diego before later dying from apparent self-inflicted gunshot wounds.


Deadly Shooting at San Diego Mosque Complex

San Diego – A shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego on Monday resulted in the deaths of three people, while the two suspected attackers were later found dead inside a nearby vehicle.

According to Beyond Time News, emergency teams rushed to the mosque complex after reports of an active shooter near the religious facility and adjacent school area.

Police officers arrived within minutes and discovered three victims outside the mosque compound. Authorities immediately secured the area and launched a large-scale response operation.


Police Treating Incident as Possible Hate Crime

San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl confirmed that investigators are examining the shooting as a hate crime due to extremist and anti-Muslim rhetoric linked to the suspects.

According to Beyond Time News, police said the attackers were aged 18 and 17. Both were later discovered dead inside a vehicle a few blocks away from the mosque.

Officials believe the suspects died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds. Police clarified that officers did not fire their weapons during the operation.

Chief Wahl stated that investigators are continuing to review evidence, online activity, and witness accounts to determine the full motive behind the attack.


Security Guard Hailed as Hero

Among those killed was a security guard working at the Islamic Center. Authorities praised his actions during the attack, saying he helped prevent even greater loss of life.

According to Beyond Time News, police described the guard’s response as “heroic,” adding that he likely saved multiple lives by reacting quickly during the shooting.

The identities of the remaining victims have not yet been officially released.


Mosque Community in Shock

The Islamic Center of San Diego is considered one of the largest mosques in the region and serves thousands of worshippers and students.

Following the attack, mosque leaders confirmed that staff members, teachers, and children inside the school building remained safe.

Imam Taha Hassane expressed grief over the tragedy and condemned violence targeting places of worship.

“We have never experienced anything like this before,” he said while addressing the media.

According to Beyond Time News, community members gathered outside the mosque later in the evening to pray for the victims and show solidarity.

Read more:Two Police Officers Killed After Tanker Crashes Into Police Mobile on Super Highway


Earlier Warning Before the Attack

Police revealed that the mother of one of the suspects contacted authorities nearly two hours before the shooting.

According to Beyond Time News, she informed police that her son was suicidal and had taken several weapons along with her vehicle.

Officers initially searched an area near a local high school connected to the suspect before receiving emergency reports from the mosque complex.

Investigators are now reviewing whether additional warning signs may have been missed before the attack unfolded.


Heavy Security and Area Lockdown

The shooting caused panic across the neighborhood, leading authorities to issue temporary shelter-in-place warnings for nearby residents.

Police later confirmed that the threat had been “neutralized” after the suspects were found dead.

Helicopter footage from local media showed heavily armed officers surrounding the mosque area during the response operation.

Authorities also investigated separate reports of gunfire nearby, including an incident involving a landscaper who narrowly escaped injury.


National Leaders React to Mosque Attack

The incident sparked strong reactions from political and community leaders across the country.

According to Beyond Time News, US President Donald Trump described the shooting as a “terrible situation,” while several officials condemned violence against religious communities.

New York Mayor Zohran Mamdani called the attack an apparent act of anti-Muslim violence and announced increased police patrols around mosques in New York as a precautionary measure.

California Governor Gavin Newsom also condemned the attack, stating that people should never fear for their safety while worshipping.

“Hate has no place in California,” he said in a public statement.


Growing Concerns Over Islamophobia

The attack has renewed concerns about rising anti-Muslim hate incidents in parts of the United States.

Civil rights groups and Muslim organizations are urging authorities to conduct a transparent investigation and strengthen protections for religious communities.

According to Beyond Time News, advocacy groups say attacks targeting mosques and faith centers continue to create fear among Muslim families nationwide.

Community leaders are now calling for stronger dialogue, public awareness, and action against hate-driven violence.


Investigation Continues

Police and federal investigators are continuing to gather evidence from the scene, including weapons recovered from the suspects’ vehicle.

Authorities are also reviewing digital records and social media activity to understand whether the attack was planned in advance or linked to extremist ideologies.

According to Beyond Time News, investigators expect the case to remain under active review in the coming days.


Conclusion

The San Diego mosque shooting has left families mourning and communities demanding answers. As investigators work to determine the full motive behind the attack, officials continue treating the case as a possible hate crime.

The tragedy has once again highlighted concerns about religious intolerance and violence targeting places of worship in the United States.


FAQs

Q1: How many people were killed in the San Diego mosque shooting?

Three people were killed during the shooting outside the Islamic Center of San Diego.

Q2: Who were the suspects?

Police identified the suspects as two teenage males aged 18 and 17.

Q3: Are authorities treating the attack as a hate crime?

Yes, investigators said hate-related rhetoric was involved and the case is being investigated as a possible hate crime.

Q4: Did police shoot the suspects?

No. Authorities said the suspects appeared to have died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

Q5: Was the mosque school affected?

Mosque officials confirmed that students, teachers, and staff inside the school building remained safe.


Hashtags

#SanDiego #MosqueShooting #CaliforniaNews #HateCrime #Islamophobia #USNews #BreakingNews #MuslimCommunity #WorldNews #BeyondTimeNews

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com