Beyond The Time News

Rubio Says US Awaiting Iran Response as Gulf Tensions Escalate

Tensions in the Middle East have intensified as diplomatic efforts and military activity continue alongside each other. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has said Washington is expecting a response from Iran regarding a proposal aimed at ending the ongoing conflict.

US Awaits Iran’s Response

According to Beyond Time News, Marco Rubio stated in Rome that the United States expects Iran’s reply on Friday to its peace proposal. He expressed hope that the response could open the door to serious negotiations and reduce escalating tensions in the region.

Rubio said the next step depends on Iran’s position, adding that Washington is looking for a diplomatic breakthrough.

UAE Reports Missile and Drone Interceptions

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) said its air defence systems intercepted two ballistic missiles and three drones launched from Iran. The country’s defence ministry reported that the latest incident caused three moderate injuries.

According to Beyond Time News, the UAE said overall casualties since the start of the conflict-related strikes have reached 230 injuries and 10 civilian deaths involving multiple nationalities. The ministry also claimed its forces have intercepted hundreds of missiles and thousands of drones since the escalation began.

Seizure of Oil Tanker in Sea of Oman

Iran announced that its navy seized the oil tanker Ocean Koi in the Sea of Oman, stating that it was attempting to disrupt Iranian oil exports.

According to Beyond Time News, Iranian authorities said the vessel was redirected back to Iranian waters and later handed over to judicial officials. The tanker had previously been sanctioned by the United States over alleged involvement in Iran’s “shadow fleet” used to bypass oil restrictions.

Iran Accuses US of Escalation

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi accused the United States of choosing military escalation over diplomacy. He claimed that every time a peaceful solution appears possible, Washington opts for confrontation.

He also stated that Iran would not bow to external pressure, reinforcing Tehran’s stance amid rising regional tensions.

Iran Seizes US-Sanctioned Oil Tanker in Sea of Oman

Ongoing Conflict in the Gulf Region

The situation in the Strait of Hormuz and surrounding waters remains highly volatile, with reports of military clashes, intercepted attacks, and disrupted maritime activity involving multiple countries.

According to Beyond Time News, oil prices have surged globally amid fears of prolonged instability, while international markets continue to react cautiously to the evolving situation.

Diplomatic Efforts Continue

Despite the clashes, US President Donald Trump indicated that negotiations with Iran are still ongoing. He suggested that a possible agreement could emerge, though he acknowledged uncertainty over the outcome.

The situation remains fluid as diplomatic talks and military tensions continue to unfold simultaneously, keeping global attention focused on the region.

https://www.un.org

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com