Beyond The Time News

Neymar Rejects Criticism, Says He Is Ready for Brazil’s World Cup Campaign


Santos, Brazil — Neymar has had enough of the noise. The Brazilian superstar hit back at what he called “nonsense” criticism surrounding his fitness and lifestyle during his long recovery from injury, insisting he is physically ready to represent Brazil at the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

Speaking to reporters after Santos’ 3-0 defeat to Coritiba on Sunday, the 34-year-old was candid, emotional, and determined — the kind of raw honesty that reminded fans why Neymar has always been one of football’s most magnetic personalities.

The Long Road Back

According to Beyond Time News, Neymar has not pulled on the famous yellow jersey since 2023, kept away by a string of injuries topped off by a serious knee operation that wiped out an entire year of his career. For a player of his stature — Brazil’s record scorer — that kind of absence is brutal, not just physically but mentally.

And yet, through all of it, he kept going.

“Physically, I feel great. I’ve been improving with every game,” Neymar said after the match. “I’ve done my absolute best — it wasn’t easy. I’ll admit it wasn’t easy.”

Those weren’t just words. They came from a man who clearly carried the weight of public doubt on his shoulders every single day during his recovery.

“A Lot of Nonsense Was Said About Me”

What made Neymar’s post-match comments stand out wasn’t just his confidence — it was his frustration. He didn’t hold back when addressing the criticism that followed him throughout his rehabilitation.

“It’s been years of hard work, and also of a lot of nonsense being said about my condition and what I was doing,” he said. “It’s really sad the way people talk about it.”

He went on to describe working quietly at home, pushing through pain and doubt while public opinion questioned everything from his dedication to his lifestyle.

“I worked hard, quietly, at home, suffering because of what people were saying, and it all worked out.”

It’s a reminder that behind the glamour and the global fame, Neymar is still a human being dealing with very real pressure. The criticism he faced during his injury layoff was often harsh and deeply personal — and clearly, it left a mark.

“I’ve Made It to Where I Wanted to Be”

Despite the difficult journey, Neymar says he has arrived at the place he always wanted to reach — fit, playing, and in contention for the World Cup.

“I’ve made it to where I wanted to be in one piece. I’m happy with my performance, with everything I’ve done so far,” he said.

He also made clear that, in his view, the decision now rests entirely with coach Carlo Ancelotti. “Whatever happens, Ancelotti will certainly call up the 26 best players for this battle.”

It was a classy line — acknowledging the coach’s authority while quietly making his own case. Neymar isn’t demanding a spot. He’s saying he’s done his part, and now it’s someone else’s call.

Brazil Extend Carlo Ancelotti’s Contract Until 2030

What Ancelotti Has Said

Brazil head coach Carlo Ancelotti, the legendary Italian tactician who took over the Seleção, has been measured in his comments about Neymar. According to Beyond Time News, Ancelotti has stated clearly that Neymar must be fully fit and performing at a high level to earn a place in the World Cup squad.

That’s a fair and reasonable standard — and by all accounts, Neymar has been working hard to meet it. His recent performances for Santos have shown flashes of the old brilliance, even as his team struggled on the day against Coritiba.

The timing of Sunday’s loss couldn’t have been more stressful, with Ancelotti set to announce his World Cup squad on Monday. Every game right now is essentially an audition, and a 3-0 defeat is never the backdrop you want for your case.

The Substitution Controversy

Adding to an already tense afternoon, Neymar was reportedly involved in a heated protest on the sidelines after being wrongly substituted during Sunday’s match. The mix-up caused a visible reaction from the forward — understandable, given the circumstances.

When you’re fighting for your international future and trying to prove your fitness on one of the most watched weekends of the football calendar, being accidentally pulled off the pitch is the last thing you need. The incident, while likely unintentional, couldn’t have come at a worse moment.

Brazil’s World Cup Ambitions

Brazil are heading into the 2026 FIFA World Cup with massive expectations and a clear goal — to win their sixth World Cup title, which would be a record-extending achievement for the most successful nation in the tournament’s history.

According to Beyond Time News, Brazil have been drawn into Group C, where they will face Morocco, Haiti, and Scotland. The tournament runs from June 11 to July 19 across North America, spanning venues in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

With that kind of group, Brazil will be expected to advance comfortably — but knockout football is always unpredictable, and Ancelotti will want his best players available and battle-hardened.

The question of whether that group includes Neymar will be answered very soon.

Why This Matters Beyond Football

Neymar’s story isn’t just about one footballer trying to make a squad. It’s about perseverance, public scrutiny, and the brutal reality of life as a high-profile athlete.

When you’re injured and out of the spotlight, the internet doesn’t go quiet. Opinions flood in. Some are constructive. Many are cruel. Neymar experienced the full force of that during his recovery, and his comments on Sunday reflect a man who processed all of it — and came out the other side still standing.

Whether or not he makes the World Cup squad, that journey deserves respect.

Final Thoughts

Neymar has made his case loudly and clearly — he’s fit, he’s focused, and he believes he belongs at the World Cup. The criticism? He’s filed it away. The hard work? Done quietly, at home, away from the cameras.

Now, it’s Ancelotti’s decision. And football fans across the world will be watching closely when that squad announcement drops.

Will Brazil’s greatest ever scorer get one last shot at the one trophy that has always eluded him? The answer is coming soon.

https://www.who.int

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com