Washington: JD Vance said on Tuesday that ongoing talks between the United States and Iran are moving in a positive direction, but warned that Washington remains prepared to resume military action if negotiations fail.
According to Beyond Time News, the US vice president stated that discussions with Iran have shown “good progress,” although no final agreement has been reached yet.
His remarks came shortly after US President Donald Trump revealed that he had recently come close to approving fresh military strikes and had given Tehran only “two or three days” to move toward an agreement.
JD Vance Says Diplomatic Efforts Continue
Speaking during a White House briefing, JD Vance said the US administration would continue diplomatic efforts while monitoring the situation closely.
“A lot of good progress is being made, but we’re just going to keep working at it,” Vance said while discussing the negotiations with Iran.
He added that the United States hopes to reach a peaceful agreement but remains prepared for alternative actions if talks collapse.
US Repeats Opposition to Iranian Nuclear Weapons
Vance emphasized that Washington’s main objective remains preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons.
According to Beyond Time News, he said Iran must accept that it cannot possess a nuclear weapon under any future agreement with the United States.
The vice president also warned that the US military remains fully prepared if diplomatic talks fail to deliver results.
“We’re locked and loaded,” Vance stated, while stressing that the White House prefers diplomacy over military confrontation.
Trump Signals Tough Stance on Iran
President Donald Trump has recently adopted a tougher public stance regarding Iran’s nuclear activities and regional tensions.
During comments earlier on Tuesday, Trump said he had nearly approved fresh military strikes before deciding to allow additional time for negotiations.
The statement increased international attention on the ongoing talks and raised concerns about possible military escalation in the Middle East if diplomacy breaks down.
Read more:Tehran: Iran Warns It Will Open ‘New Fronts’ if US Resumes Attacks
Growing Global Focus on US-Iran Relations
The latest developments come at a sensitive time for the Middle East, where ongoing regional conflicts and energy market instability continue to affect global politics.
Several countries have urged both Washington and Tehran to resolve disputes through diplomatic channels to avoid further conflict in the region.
Analysts believe successful negotiations could reduce tensions and improve regional stability, while failure could increase the risk of military confrontation and economic disruption.
Previous Talks Failed to Reach Agreement
JD Vance previously led a US delegation for discussions related to Iran earlier this year. However, those talks did not produce a final breakthrough.
Despite earlier setbacks, US officials now appear cautiously optimistic about the latest round of negotiations.
Iranian officials have not yet publicly responded to Vance’s latest comments.
FAQs
What did JD Vance say about Iran talks?
JD Vance said negotiations with Iran are making “good progress,” but no final deal has been reached yet.
Did the US warn about military action?
Yes, Vance stated that the United States remains prepared to restart military operations if diplomacy fails.
What is the main issue in the talks?
The main issue involves concerns over Iran’s nuclear program and US demands that Iran should not develop nuclear weapons.
What did Donald Trump say recently?
Trump said he had nearly approved fresh military strikes and gave Iran a short deadline to reach an agreement.
Why are these talks important?
The talks could affect regional stability, global energy markets, and future relations between the US and Iran.
#IranTalks #JDVance #DonaldTrump #USIranRelations #MiddleEastNews #NuclearTalks #WorldNews #USPolitics #IranNews #BeyondTimeNews


